Lynx 455 plus will not close the door

My garage door won't open. Electric opener is not functioning. These and many other questions answered in this section. Post your questions and get professional support for free!
Forum rules
No advertising/spam/sales persuasion is allowed. This forum is intended to help people find answers pertaining to various garage doors related malfunctions.

Lynx 455 plus will not close the door

Postby nikvan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:46 am

Hi,
I have Lynx 455 plus garage door opener.
Few days ago, I opened the garage door, but after that, I could not close it.
It was sunny outside, so I thought maybe sensor was confused, but I tried at night as well with the same result.
I can hear relay clicking and it is the same using either key fob or manual switch.
The outside temperature was about 4-5C

When I try to close it, the light starts blinking like this: One long and then 4 short blinks (the long blink might not be the part of the code).
As I understood, this model is self diagnostic, so that should be some kind of error code.
I took off the cover to try to see if there are any obvious problems, but everything seemed fine.
I jiggled the cables, even resoldered any suspicious solder joints on the logic board, but with no success.

If I manually rotate the motor in the closing direction and then try to activate it with the key fob, the motor goes back to the "open" position.

I have two questions now:
1. Can someone tell me what this error code mean?
2. If it means that logic board is broken, is it possible to order just the board so I can replace it myself?

Thanks for the answers in advance
nikvan

Re: Lynx 455 plus will not close the door

Postby nikvan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Since no responses to my question, I ordered a new logic board, replaced it and everything works.
Cheers!
nikvan

Re: Lynx 455 plus will not close the door

Postby Dave Sputnik » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Glad this worked out for you Nikvan. If the board is fried there is little anyone can do to fix it anyways!
Cheers,
Dave S.
Dave Sputnik
Garage Doors Expert

Return to Garage Doors Repairs